Maybe you are sitting around talking with your friends about your spending habits and someone mentions they’ve spent an insane amount on skins in League. Maybe another friend chimes in that they don’t think they spend that much at all. Want to find out once and for all how much money you’ve given to Riot?
While there are plenty of sites that will estimate how much you’ve spent, Riot games can tell you with confidence an accurate number – you just have to ask.
On the Riot Games ‘Requesting Your Account Data’ page, they detail the information they’ll be able to provide you and how you can request it:
You can make a data request by submitting a ticket. After a short process to confirm you as the original creator of the account, you’ll receive the following personal information related to your account:
- Your Summoner name, username, and server
- The phone number attached to your account
- Your registered date of birth
- Aggregate report history, including reports made and received from the last 3 months (or the past 100 games, if you’ve played more than that in the last 3 months)
- In-game chat logs for the last 3 months (or the past 100 games, if you’ve played more than that in the last 3 months)
- Login history for the last 3 months
- Player Support ticket history
- Account modifications for the last 3 months
- All store transactions (skins, champions, etc.)
- All monetary (RP) purchases
Unfortunately, most of this data is highly sensitive (to the point that Riot will use a lot of the same information to ask you questions to prove your ownership of the account – “When was this account created?” “What is your date of birth?” “Where were you geographically when you created the account?”) This means you’ll have to jump through a few hoops to prove you are who you say you are before they’ll hand it over to you.
I hope you’re not in a hurry to get this data either, as Riot says on the same page that the process isn’t quick:
Once you make a request, it’ll take 30 days to process. You can cancel your request at any time by clicking the cancel link in your ticket. Changing your email or resetting your password will also cancel your request automatically.
Hopefully, you won’t mind waiting a month to find out who is the biggest spender of your friend group, or if you’ve spent way more money than you thought you did.