Riot Games has a way to support content creators and it comes in the form of the LPP or the League Partner Program. Streamers and other content creators like YouTubers are the ones eligible for this partner program.
It comes with lots of perks and that means it also comes with lots of rules and expectations, breaking these expectations also comes with consequences and penalties. In this article, we will answer all of your possible questions about the League Partner Program.
Also Check Out: Is League Of Legends Still Fun?
Who Is Eligible To Join The Partner Program And What Are The Requirements?
Content creators or anybody who wants to share their gameplay of League of Legends are the ones eligible for this partner program. These people are commonly composed of Youtubers and Streamers.
To be an eligible Youtuber or Streamer, you need to be focused on making content about the games of Riot such as League of Legends, Team fight Tactics, or Legends of Runeterra with Wildrift and Valorant coming soon.
There is also a specific viewership or subscriber count before you can enter the partner program which varies from country to country. Having all of these however still does not guarantee your admission to the program, there are still other requirements that you need to adhere as listed below.
- At least 30% of content needs to be a mix of these games (LoL, TFT, LoR)
- Minimum 50+ average concurrent viewers on your live stream from the last 30 days and/or 5,000 average views on your video content in the past 30 days or at least 1,000 YouTube subscribers
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must adhere to Riot’s behavior expectations
- Must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
Now those are the eligibility requirements that you need, you might think that you have all of those and you might even exceed the required average viewers and subscribers but Riot is not accepting any applications as of the moment.
Riot stated that they are adding more value and features to the program in ways they expect creators will be more excited about. Stay tuned and follow all of Riot’s social media accounts to know when the next LPP application will come.
Also Check Out: How To Get Chests in League of Legends
What Are The Perks Of Joining The LPP?
- Dev access
- LPP members will have access to the different developers of League of Legends, to their check-ins and office hours. This means LPP members will get a chance to communicate with the different developers of the game, from skin designers to champion animations. This will give LPP members a good idea of what the devs are planning and what content will come up next in the near future of League of Legends.
- Official Promotion
- LPP members will be featured in most of Riot Games’ marketing which will give their channels a huge boost in viewership and following. Official Promotion means you don’t have to pay for your exposure anymore as Riot will handle it for you. Selected LPP members will be featured in Riot’s Social Media accounts as well as the in-game client.
- Audience Giveaway
- Of course, Riot’s purpose for creating the LPP is to support content creators for their games and this includes exclusive giveaways for LPP members. Content creators will receive unique cosmetic items that they can give away to their followers which will help their channel grow even faster.
- Content Access
- This is basically a means for Riot to give LPP members easy accessibility to the different games. Content access perk gives LPP members the ability to easily jump from game to game by giving LPP members unlocked league accounts.
- Event invites
- Select members or if we’re being brutally honest, the top content creators will receive invites to some of the most prestigious events that Riot Games will hold. This consists of virtual and in-person events like All-star games or regional tournaments. Recently, most LPP members got invited to Riot’s premiere of their Netflix show Arcane. Who knows what else Riot has for their LPP members.
- VIP Reporting
- As a creator, you may face different challenges like stream sniping or even your teammates intentionally feeding so you lose the game. There are many more problems out there that you might face as a content creator and Riot has your back on this. Riot will hear and take action on your report and prioritize your concerns over others. Gone are the days when someone runs down mid and you try to report them but get nothing in return. With this, you will have control of the ban hammer.
- Early access and Previews
- Some of the LPP members will have early access to the upcoming contents of League of Legends. From patch notes to new champions and game modes.
- Sponsor Collaboration Opportunities
- Riot games have lots of partners and sponsorships and being one of their LPP members, you will receive first priority to be a part of cross-promotion and collaboration for them. This basically means you will also be eligible to receive sponsorship from different companies that support League of Legends. This will include free stuff like gaming peripherals with unique designs as well as free in-game cosmetic items that you can keep for your own account.
- Additional Exclusive Regional perks
- Riot games support a lot of regions and the perks may vary from region to region. These are additional perks unique to your country.
As I mentioned above, League of Legends expects you to behave in a good manner so you won’t get penalties and consequences. As a member of the LPP, you become a representative of Riot games and the program.
You will be carrying their name and anything you do and show as your behavior will reflect back to Riot games and that is why they are very strict with how you behave as their LPP member. There is a list of examples of Good behavior made by Riot games.
- Follow the Riot Games Terms of Service
- No racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, sexism, bullying, or otherwise harassment of other players. This also extends to your in-game names, usernames, Riot IDs, Club tags, or other personal identifiers. In general, treat people how they want to be treated. If you don’t know, ask.
- No accounts that have been permanently banned or ID banned.
- No win-trading, MMR boosting, account sharing, or other boosting behavior both on your accounts and others’ accounts.
- No botting, hacking, 3rd party exploits, bug abuse, or other manipulation of the game.
- No purchasing accounts or selling accounts.
- Not intending to lose- disconnecting, AFKing, idling, refusing to play, or holding your lobbies hostage.
- No using your status as a member of LPP to attack, threaten, mass report, or generally abuse other players in-game.
- No using out-of-game information to disrupt the competitive integrity of the game. No stream sniping other content creators.
- Keep all your accounts secure. Never share your personal information or passwords in-game.
- You are required to disclose all accounts you own in our games. This includes smurfs and non-content accounts.
Also Check Out: Is Azir AP or AD?
In-game Behavior Expectations
- Follow the Code of Conduct
- Honor Level 2 or above is expected at all times (for League of Legends creators)
- Compete with sportsmanship, integrity, and be a good teammate and steward of the game
Out-Of-Game Behavior Expectations
- While operating on social media, on stream, or in videos we expect all LPPs to adhere to the platinum rule. Treat others as they want to be treated. If you aren’t sure, ask.
- Follow all local laws, including but not limited to FTC Rules and Regulations regarding disclosing of partnerships.
- Follow our Legal Jibber Jabber at all times.
- All LPP creators will be expected to maintain a positive status on social media. No banned accounts on any social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, TikTok, or Youtube.
- No racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, sexism, bullying, or otherwise harassment of other people. This also extends to comments made while streaming, messages on social media, and the general content you produce.
- No pornography or explicit content.
- All tournaments should follow our Developer rules for Tournaments.
- No harassment, doxing, or witch-hunting.
- Do not use your audience or LPP status to attack, threaten, or otherwise abuse others.
- In general, remember: as a member of LPP you are a representative of Riot Games and the LPP program.
- No breaking of NDA’s, Riot’s, or otherwise. No hacking, leaking or attempting to circumvent the release process of Riot or other game developers.
- Riot reserves the right to add in any activity deemed by Riot Games to be immoral or against proper ethical behavior
Riot’s partner program might be very generous but this is a long list of the things that you should adhere to. This list can also be seen on Riot’s website and failing to adhere to these rules and expectations will result in Consequences and Penalties.
Consequence and Penalties
A violation of the Code of Conduct may result in one or more of the following penalties, based on the severity of the action and past violations:
- Formal warning and meeting with Riot to discuss the infraction.
- One month removal of all LPP program perks
- Extended probation period, Three-month removal of all LPP program perks. Cannot participate in program events and other promotions.
- Removal from the LPP program and loss of all associated perks of the program taken from your accounts. If applicable, we will notify the creator of a possible re-admission date, where they can apply again for the program.
Riot Games reserves the right to modify these expectations, or terminate a partner’s participation at any time, for any reason, without notice. We will notify all LPP members of any changes as or before they take effect.
Also Check Out: Can You Cleanse Bard’s Ultimate?
If you want to make a name for yourself in the League of Legends community, League’s partner program is the best way you can do it. Being a partner of League of Legends will give you so much easier time in making your name known out there. After all, many of the streamers we know who play League of Legends are members of the LPP.
Also, the most asked question about the LPP is do streamers receive free skins or any of the cosmetics? The answer to that is yes and they don’t only receive cosmetic items for their own accounts, they also receive cosmetic items that they can give to their followers and fans.