Cassiopeia is one of the hardest champions to master in a league of legends; when playing her, you need to have high command over your kiting abilities because you will be switching your positioning every after you use your E.
A player who wishes to use Cassiopeia to her complete potential needs to have a lot of practice on her either on regular games or the practice tool. It would help if you also had a fast mouse pointer movement on her because you will be kiting hard against melee champions.
Also Check Out: Is Camille AP or AD?
Is Cassiopeia AP or AD Champion?
Here is the answer:
Cassiopeia is purely an AP champion who relies on her abilities to damage her enemies. All of her abilities damage enemies and depends on how high her ability power is. Her E is her primary damage source that can damage enemies heavily and has a very low cooldown. If you think of it, Cassiopeia is like an ADC champion kiting around her enemies. Cassiopeia can also heal from her E’s damage and the heal scales with ability power. She is a unique champion that cannot buy boots which is excellent so you can build total items. Speaking of which, what is an excellent build on Cassio?
Best Item Build On Cassiopeia
- Everfrost – can be synergized with Cassio’s W or even her ultimate. Once enemies are caught with her W, she can extend the rooting or immobile CC duration with this item. The same goes for her ultimate. Landing the everfrost root on an enemy also allows Cassio to hit her Q’s much easier.
- Seraph’s Embrace – Cassio will be spamming her E most of the time, making her a champion that relies hard on her mana. To never run out of mana, you should build a tear of the goddess that turns to Seraph’s Embrace during late game. A high mana pool assures you that you will never run out of mana even if you spam your abilities.
- Zhonya’s Hourglass – Use this item if there are assassin champions. This defensive item can deal with champions you cannot take in 1v1 situations.
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter – Landing a Q on an enemy gives Cassio bonus movement speed for a short duration. Applying slow on an enemy with this item will likely give you a much better advantage.
- Rabbadon’s Deathcap – A situational item that will significantly increase your ability power. However, only build this if the enemies are not stacking on magic resist.
- Void Staff – This is the opposite of Rabbadon’s death cap and situational. You should build this if champions are stacking on magic resist.
Also Check Out: Is Azir AP or AD?
Best Runes on Cassiopeia
- Conqueror – Cassiopeia excels at extended fights, which makes her a great champion on Conqueror. This rune also allows her to improve her heals from her E casts as this rune doesn’t only increase her ability power, it also increases her healing.
- Presence of mind – Mana restores every time you kill or takedown an enemy champion is excellent. It also mitigates your mana loss on your Q as the effect of this rune resets for each tick of your Q.
- Legend: Tenacity – This rune is just a rune that doesn’t help you that much but is much better than the other legend runes.
- Last stand – makes you even stronger every time your HP is low.
When Should I Pick Cassiopeia?
You can pick her either on mid or top lane, and you should pick her if the enemy team lacks champions with gap closers. Cassiopeia can easily kite around melee champions or champions without mobility spells.
But she is also a great pick if the enemy team has lots of champions with mobility abilities as she can counter them with her ultimate and her W. This is much better if she has an everfrost.
Also Check Out: Is Aatrox AP or AD?
Cassiopeia is an excellent kiting AP champion built with mage items but works like an ADC. She is squishy, but her kit makes it hard for her opponents to reach her to mitigate this weakness. They either have to be slowed or stunned by her abilities.