Fiddlesticks got a terrifying rework that I’m sure most of us have seen, especially the trailer. It transformed the simple scarecrow into a disfigured entity with an even more terrifying voice. He is a jungler that can surprise enemies with his ultimate and deal massive AOE damage during team fights. He has a fast jungle speed because he can clear two camps simultaneously.
This champion relies on his abilities more than his primary attack; he uses his W more often than his basic attack when clearing jungle camps. This is because it can affect multiple enemies while healing him simultaneously, which begs the question, is he AP or AD?
Also Check Out: Is Evelynn AP or AD?
Is Fiddlesticks AP or AD Champion?
Here is the answer:
Fiddlesticks is an AP champion because he relies on his abilities more than his basic attacks. His kit revolves around AoE damage, and another excellent factor about this champion is that he is a powerful 1v1 champion.
He hard counters Master Yi, especially when Yi has his ultimate activated. He can send Master Yi far away by using his Q or inflicting Fear on him, which makes him move away from Fiddlesticks. Here are the best items you can build on Fiddlesticks.
Best Items For Fiddlesticks
- Hextech Rocketbelt – Fiddlesticks can surprise swindle enemies with his ultimate, mainly because the first time he damages an enemy, he inflicts fear on them. The damage of his ultimate stays within the radius surrounding Fiddlesticks, so when enemies try to disengage after your initial engagement, you can use the active ability of this item.
- Zhonya’s Hourglass – Fiddlesticks like to dive in the middle of the enemy team during team fights, making him a very vulnerable target. He is a squishy champion that can quickly be taken care of, and the quick fix is to make him untargetable by using the stasis status of this item.
- Morellonomicon – Fiddlesticks deals continuous damage with his abilities which greatly synergizes with Morellonomicon’s Grievous wounds effect. This effect prevents enemies from healing whenever Fiddle’s Damage is damaging them over Time abilities.
- Shadowflame – This is an excellent combination for Void staff to deal with enemies that stack on Magic Resist.
- Liandry’s Anguish – is also a tremendous Mythic item that can be an alternative for Hextech Rocketbelt; use this if the enemy team comp does not have champions with self-peel abilities like Tristana and Ezreal.
- Sorcerer’s Shoes – for him to deal bonus damage because of the Magic Penetration passive of this item.
Also Check Out: Is Ezreal AP or AD?
Best Runes For Fiddlesticks
- Predator – is an excellent roaming rune that allows Fiddlesticks to swindle lanes much better.
- Cheap shot – his combos are initiated with his Q that greatly immobilizes a champion; the actual bonus damage from this rune will stack up over time and has a significant impact during skirmishes.
- Zombie ward – is for vision control, as Fiddlesticks can easily deward with his passive.
- Ultimate Hunter – because his central ganking ability comes from his ultimate; enemies will see him from a mile away, mainly because he has no closer gap without his ultimate. Having a very low cooldown on this spell will significantly help his team.
When Should You Pick Fiddlesticks?
If the enemy has excellent team fight composition, Fiddlesticks can easily disrupt the synergy of any team fight composition. Team fights also mean champions will always be grouped, and he can deal tons of damage to multiple enemies if they are all grouped.
Also Check Out: Best Mobile Mid Laners in LoL
Fiddlesticks is an AP champion with no AD scaling in any of his abilities. Building AD items on him is useless because his basic attack doesn’t have any particular effect—a great pick during team fights.