Ahri is one of the most popular mages in League of Legends because of her fun playstyle. She is an extremely agile skillshot mage that can be good at 1v1 fights and can even be better during teamfights.
She can be used to pick off the enemy’s squishy carry champions, once she catches someone with her taunt during teamfights that certain champion would definitely be an easy target to be picked off. Ahri can use her ultimate for many purposes such as repositioning for a better angle to hit her taunt, or disengaging from fights.
Ahri is a ranged champion with lots of skill shots and to answer your question if Ahri is AD or AP read ahead.
Also Check Out: Is Anivia AP or AD?
Is Ahri AP or AD Champion?
Ahri is heavily AP-based with all of her abilities having an AP scaling. This means that AD items won’t matter for Ahri even if she builds them as the AD stat won’t improve any of her abilities. All of her builds revolve around pure AP items because she is a nuker mage that deals tons of damage on one or multiple enemies. Even her ultimate that can be used as a gap closer can also be a source of damage that can be increased with AP scaling.
There is no other way to build Ahri but AP. Some players tried to build AD items on her because they thought that her ultimate and taunt are great self-peel abilities and can be used to have better positioning when trading basic attacks. But the fact that she has no AD scaling, she loses value on AD items, so better build pure AP items on her be it flat AP items or penetration items.
Best Ahri Build Depending On Her Enemy’s Team Comp
- AD-based enemy team – Zhonya’s Hourglass, Crown of the Shattered Queen, Horizon Focus, Cosmic Drive, Ionian boots of Lucidity, Rabbadon’s Deathcap.
- Tank-based enemy team – Void Staff, Demonic Embrace, Hextech Rocketbelt, Rylai’s Scepter, Sorcerer’s Shoes, Cosmic Drive.
Also Check Out: Is Annie AP or AD?
Best Runes For Ahri
- Electrocute – can be easily procced once Ahri lands her taunt on an enemy.
- Taste of Blood – synergizes with Ahri’s passive heal from her Q and being a poke champion, Ahri can use this effect often.
- Eyeball Collection – as Ahri accumulates stacks she gets stronger as she reaches mid game.
- Ultimate hunter – Her ultimate is the best initiation ability and has very low cooldowns on it
- Biscuit Delivery – having free hp and mana potions and increasing your mana pool every time you consume one.
- Timewarp tonic – You can use this rune during trades and instantly heal half of the potion’s regeneration.
What Lane Can Ahri Be Played In?
Ahri can only be played in the mid lane, but she can be a cheese pick in the bottom lane as a support during certain situations that depend on the enemy’s picks. Having a fast wave clear also makes her a great mid laner because if she wins over the lane priority, she can roam other lanes and help her teammates. Her ultimate will make for a good play whenever she ganks a lane.
Best Ahri Counters And Strong Against
- Counters – Diana, Cho’Gath, and Neeko are champions that can shut her off by immobilizing her and preventing her from using her ultimate to disengage.
- Strong against – Malzahar, Ryze, Nunu & Willump, these are champions who have vertical skillshots and need to get close to damage Ahri, she can simply taunt them and shut their entire combo off.
Also Check Out: Is Ashe AP or AD?
Ahri’s kit fits almost all team comps making her a great flex pick for your team, her counters have very low pick rates which her team can take advantage of and put her on the first pick during the picks and bans phase.
Ahri is purely ability power meaning she should build items that will improve the damage of her abilities. She is an excellent roaming champion so take advantage of that by mastering your wave management.
I hope this article helped you discover the things you still don’t know about Ahri, pick her on your next game and use these tips to master her, good luck, and have fun.