Azir was once a famous champion that players tried to master because his Shuriman shuffle is a very stylistic way to outplay multiple enemies at once. Azir is like a marksman champion who summons sand soldiers that can attack for him.
He is quite unique as his attack range is determined by the sand soldiers he has placed. He is a very mobile champion that can dash toward his soldiers and is the best champion to use if you love positioning and initiating team fights. Azir depends on his basic attacks made by his sand soldiers, so is he AP or AD?
Also Check Out: Is Aatrox AP or AD?
Is Azir AP or AD Champion?
Here is the answer:
Azir is classified as a “specialist” which separates him from all the other champion classes, and being a specialist means he has a high diversity when it comes to builds, but his main stat is AP or ability power. All of his abilities depend on Ability power but it might get you confused because his main damage source comes from using basic attacks. When you build AP items on Azir, you instead increase the damage his soldiers deal. He also has a passive that increases his attack speed every time he summons three sand soldiers, so on-hit items with ability power are your best bet.
Azir can be built like a burst mage or a battlemage that can last during extended fights. There are multiple build paths for Azir depending on the enemy he is facing. You can also build him as a poke champion that uses his Q to gain HP advantage over his enemy.
Some of his builds can also deal tons of damage even to those tanky champions who don’t seem to take damage from other champions. Here are different Azir builds that you can do depending on the enemy you are facing.
Builds On Azir Depending On The Enemy
- Against Squishy champions – Rabbadon’s Deathcap, Luden’s tempest, Banshee’s Veil, Zhonya’s Hourglass, Sorcerer’s Shoes, Nashor’s Tooth.
- Against tank champions – Liandry’s Anguish, Demonic Embrace, Shadowflame, Void Staff, Morellonomicon, Sorcerer’s Shoes
- Situational items – Crown of the Shattered Queen, Cosmic Drive, Berserker’s Greaves, Ionian Lucidity boots,
Also Check Out: Is Ahri AP or AD?
Best Runes On Azir
- Electrocute – Easily procced when he pokes someone with his Q which he can follow up with 2 or more basic attacks.
- Cheap shot – His ultimate will proc this to deal bonus true damage.
- Ghost Poro – Being in the mid lane, warding the river is a top priority, and having a Ghost Poro stay in the brush after your ward expires will go a long way, Macro wise.
- Ingenious Hunter – Having item haste with a champion who has Zhonya’s Hourglass as a staple build is great.
- Biscuit Delivery – to give him enough sustain during the early game and also increases his mana.
- Cosmic Insight – Azir depends on his cooldowns as his poke abilities come from his Q.
What Lane Should I Play Azir?
Azir really has fallen in popularity and has one of the lowest pick rates for how many years now, there is not much diversity in his lane possibilities so Mid lane is still the best lane to go when you are playing Azir.
When Should I Pick Azir?
Azir is a complicated champion but is a great team fighting asset especially because of his ultimate. Landing a five-man knockback with your ultimate will truly set a cascade of burst damage on enemies winning you the team fight.
Azir is great if your team has hyper-carry champions that need to reach the late game, this is because Azir is a great lane control champion thanks to his sand soldiers and his ability to resummon a tower that was once destroyed.
Also Check Out: Is Anivia AP or AD?
Azir is a battlemage champion that relies on AP damage alone, he does not have any other scaling ability and should only be built with ability power items. He has a really high attack speed and building Nashor’s tooth on him is just great.
Azir is an outdated champion that has a very low pick rate, I understand that you main him, and you tried to search for this article. I hope you picked something up from this article and good luck on your next game with him.