Ashe is one of the oldest champions of League of Legends, she has received a lot of reworks along with buffs and nerfs throughout the year. She is a pretty straightforward marksman that almost all beginner players can enjoy and be good at.
All you have to do when you play her is use her W wisely as it drains her mana, and you can right-click to victory with her basic attacks. Her ultimate is the only thing that you should practice because it is a global spell, meaning it can reach the edge of the map no matter where you are on the map.
Also Check Out: Is Aphelios AP or AD?
Is Ashe AP or AD Champion?
Here’s the answer:
Ashe is an AD champion that has AD scaling abilities with the exception of her ultimate. Her ultimate has flat magic damage and scales with ability power, but the damage from this skill doesn’t really matter that much as its main value comes from the stun duration. She is also a marksman which means her main damage comes from her basic attacks. Basic attacks scale with attack damage which makes her an AD champion.
There are actually two builds you can play on Ashe, the typical marksman build where you build items that improve your basic attacks, and the support build that looks to strengthen Ashe’s W and ultimate. Her typical AD build is a great overall build because she can deal with tanks and squishy champions while having great sustain.
Best Ashe Builds Depending On The Role She’s Playing
- ADC build – Blade of the Ruined King, Runaan’s Hurricane, Immortal Shieldbow, Infinity edge, Berserker’s greaves, Manamune.
- Support build – Imperial mandate, Manamune, Chempunk Chainsword, Ionian boots of Lucidity, Axiom arc, Redemption.
Also Check Out: Is Aurelion Sol AP or AD?
Best Runes For Ashe Depending On Her Role
- ADC runes – Lethal tempo, Presence of Mind, Legend: Alacrity, Coup de grace, Biscuit delivery, Approach Velocity.
- Support runes – Arcane comet, Transcendence, Mana flow band, Scorch, Cheap shot, Ultimate hunter.
Where Can You Play Ashe?
- ADC – Ashe is a great backline champion that has the main damage source of his team. The only problem is that she is very squishy, so look to play with peel heavy supports like Alistar and Lulu. Her kit lets her deal tons of damage on both tank and squishy champions. Her basic attack also slows enemies down so melee champions with no gap closer find it hard to get close to Ashe
- Support – When played as a support, Ashe should have a really low cooldown reduction as her main poke ability comes from her W. If she is played as a support, her main role is to slow and poke enemies down. Avoid playing Ashe support however if the enemy bot duo has aggressive champions with gap closers like Leona or Lucian, this pick will only work if enemies don’t have any means to retaliate with long-range abilities or gap closing engages.
Also Check Out: Is Braum AP or AD?
When Should I Pick Ashe?
If the enemy team comp is comprised of champions with no gap closers or long-ranged skill shots Ashe is a great pick. If there are no projectile denying champions on the enemy team Ashe will be a great pick as well as she can easily poke all of the enemies with her W.
She can also deal tons of damage on tank-heavy team comps as her kit works great with on-hit items that deal HP percentages as damage.
Ashe is an AD champion that can be played as a marksman or a support, tons of hybrid items fit Ashe so you have lots of options when thinking of a build or counter item.
Also check out: IE on Ashe